Monday, July 17, 2006

The Lack of Sirens...

I can't speak for anyone else but I could not convince myself to stand in a crowd of people at Coney Island in 90+ degree weather to listen to an outdoor sound system. I'm sure I missed some great sets (Stars) but at least I got to go to the Yankee game (and I won't write any more on this because I got shit earlier for posting one sentence about going to a bar with friends that had nothing to do with music, etc.)

We didn't update much last week so here is a basic rundown of the shows:
Alice Smith at Mercury Lounge: She has a great voice. Shy but great voice. And by the looks of the cars outside, I'm guessing she got a deal out of it too. (I give her a sideways thumb)

The Levy at Cakeshop: Not the best sound but I didn't care. I thought their music sounded great. (I give them a 3/4s up thumb.)

Besides that, it was just some showcases. Intern Dave will have more shows to review for you at his earliest convenience.

This week, we have Poeple in Planes at the Bowery and then at the Annex with Army of Me. Definitely come check it out. Cool guys, good music.

On a more review-like note, I have finally gotten really into the Nightmare of You Record. I know that I'm behind in this but it has taken some time for me to be able to really sit down and listen to it and have it grow on me. Also, this is not new to my liking but it's in my stereo: Little Brother's The Minstrel Show. It is such a great album and if you don't have it you should definitely check it out.

That's all for now.
-Intern Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home