Thursday, August 10, 2006

When I first started going to concerts, I thought that every band sounded better live than on CD. Obviously, this is very far from the truth. In actuality, most of the bands I've seen this summer sound much much much much better recorded than live.

On my commute to work today, I was listening to one of the Phoenix albums and realized that this is the first band I have seen this summer (minus a few exceptions of bands signed to majors) that was better live than recorded. The CD lacks a lot of the energy present in the live performance (at least the one at Bowery earlier this week). I don't know if it is necessary to see the drummer get really into the groove for me to get into it as well or maybe it's just not recorded well. Who knows? Point is, they are funky as all hell live and that is not nearly as present on CD.

That's all I got for now. Just wanted to rant.
-Intern Dan

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger The Interns said...

Dude...the drummer is what got it for me too. He is what made that show so energetic. I have been obsessed with their CD ever since the show...and the reason why I enjoy it so much is because I can picture the drummer rocking out to every song. But the thing is...I don't think he is actually in the band. "Phoenix" is just the singer, 2 guitars, and a bass. They keyboard and drums were just for the live show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home