Friday, August 18, 2006

Welcome to the Labrynth...














First of all, I know it's been a while since I posted.

But anyway, last Thursday, as I imagine most of you know considering a large portion of the human population on this planet we call Earth was there, was Gnarls Barkley at Summerstage. I, as usual, put in a request for a ticket after the purchase was complete and therefore had to wait anxiously all day thinking I wasn't going to get to go. It didn't help that one friend after another (I know what you're thinking, "but Intern Dan doesn't have any friends" but you're not original) texted me saying they were going and we should meet up. Finally, Intern Rachel (although she doesn't intern with The Interns, she's still technically an intern) told me that if I decided to stop sucking and go to the concert to call her.

I got there during the Peeping Tom set to be greeted by the best timed BBQ (read: beerbaque) possibly ever. There were a bunch of people in the tent. First, met up with Intern Hillary who works (read: interns) at Summerstage and then with Intern Rachel and Big PA and co. Apparently, Paul actually does know everybody.

The highlight of Peeping Tom: Rahzel.















Basically, up to this point in the entry, I have been stalling. The highlight of the night...















...Yes, that is the back of David Bowie's head. Every time we tried to be stealth and take a picture and he somehow knew to turn his head away from us. Hillary said she was going to ask him for a picture and I asked her that if she did, could I please be in it. So instead, she asks Mr. Bowie for a picture and hands me the camera to take it.

After Gnarls, Rachel and Paul dragged me to the Annex. We arrived just in time for Die Die Die.
I was excited to see them but have to say I wish I was not. They had a few songs that made me think they could possibly be good but yeah. (Thumb down)

Paul continued to prove that he does know everyone by having a bajillion people say hi to him at the Annex... including my favorite DJ's. (Ok, now I think it is starting to sound scary. To defend myself, I just think they have great taste in music and for the brief times I've met them, seem like nice/cool young ladies.) And to make me miss London even more, Paul and Karen were talking about Reading festival blah blah blah.

I had to leave to catch a train just as Aberdeen City started their set. The half of a song that I heard sounded good though.

That's all I got now. Warped wrap-up is still coming. I am starting a campaign to get Intern Dave to actually write something even though he's in Los Angeles now.
-Intern Dan

1 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan- now that you're on my buddy list and I noticed you got my summerstage pictures i want to officially apologize for you not being in the David Bowie photograph. When he finally said yes I freaked out and knee-jerked. It will forever be something I feel guilty about.
I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home